This Summer School on Smart Cities will provide an overview of the latest technological progress related to smart cities via realistic case studies delivered by well known scholars, active researchers and practitioners, as well as present challenges and opportunities for future research and applications.
In addition, the summer school will provide an opportunity for all participants to gain some hands-on experience via realistic projects in a hackathon (see below), and several networking opportunities.
Topics covered (to be finilized):
- Smart cities – challenges and opportunities
- Big data analytics and cognitive analytics
- The smart city as a cyber-physical social system
- Smart building and energy systems
- Sensing and control in smart cities
- Gaming and interactive visualization
- Reinforcement learning
- Streamlining machine learning
- Geographical Information systems and the Google Earth Engine
- 5G technology for smart cities
The summer school includes a, in which participants will form teams to work on different projects, either chosen from a list provided by the organizers or proposed by the participants themselves.
Until 1st June After 1st June
PhD students free SEK 1,000
Others SEK 1,000 SEK 2,000