Global Goals Lab is a data exploration platform and testbed for data and analytics to empower innovation and decision making.
Collecting and monitoring data on our environment and climate and the state of our surroundings such as quality of air and water and levels of light and sound will advance our understanding of our impact on the planet and empower us to make sustainable decisions and find innovative solutions based on facts and insights to protect it. It empowers individuals, cities and governments to create new or better solutions to both everyday and long-term challenges and to make informed, data-based decisions.
Objectives within Urban ICT Arena
The Global Goals Lab will enable citizens and cities to collect, analyze, visualize and explore data to actively contribute to the transformation of their communities and cities and thus help meet the Sustainable Development Global Goals.
The Global Goals Lab:
- Connects the UN Global Goals, Agenda 2030 and the Urban Agenda with cities and new technology
- Aligns all Swedish open data initiatives and IoT streams with a single national platform for sharing data, both private and public in cities
- Shares a flow of knowledge and inspiration based on the latest tech, environment and business intelligence
- Supports innovation based on abundant access to streaming data
- Enables AI and machine learning applications to support development of data-driven complex system innovations
The technical platform is built on open solutions for streaming data and security is built on open data standards and best practices developed with partners. Data storage is managed at the Ericsson ICT Centre in Luleå. Data privacy and transparency is handled in cooperation with Comlaw. The testbed services are:
- The Global Goals Lab Onboardning Service
- Global Goals App, for easy mobile access.
- the Global Goals Dashboard to visualize data.
- and the Global Goals Lab API to establish protocols to be shared for further development.