Telia, Cisco, Citycon Kista Galleria and Intel are joining Urban ICT Arena by becoming Supporting Partners. Their partnerships will be made official in conjunction with the Basic IT Infrastructure Groundbreaking Ceremony on Monday.
“I am happy and proud. Interest in participating in Urban ICT Arena is increasing for every passing day. This open arena is unique in terms of collaboration between academia, industry and the public sector and the opportunities it opens up,” says Johan Ödmark, CEO of the Electrum Foundation and Kista Science City AB, the initiator of the arena.
On Monday, Ulf Wahlberg from Ericsson and Chairman of the Electrum Foundation along with Karin Wanngård, Mayor of Stockholm and Vice-President of the Electrum Foundation, will break ground by “blowing” new fiber into a lamppost at Jan Stenbecks torg.
The Chief Operating Officer of Urban ICT Arena is Petra Dalunde. She reports that twelve partners have joined the arena. Specific projects are being started all the time, but the grand opening of the testbed is scheduled for August.
• Urban ICT arena is an open testbed and co-creation arena in Kista where the opportunities of digitalization can be developed, tested and showcased in an urban environment.
• The Founding Partners are the City of Stockholm, Ericsson, IBM, KTH, Stockholm University, RISE ICT and the Stockholm County Administrative Board.
• The Supporting Partners are Telia, Citycon & Kista Galleria, Cisco and Intel.
• The Associated Partner is The Hub Hotel.
• The opening of the testbed is slated for late August.
• The website www.urbanictarena.se was launched on Monday 25 April.
Contact details: Petra Dalunde, COO Urban ICT Arena, firstname.lastname@example.org +46 70-415 92 09