The project “Sjyst data!” (Fair data) is a Vinnova-funded project of 10 million SEK to complete step two in the context of the program “Utmaningsdriven Innovation”. The project aims to combine end-user integrity on the Internet with the ability to work with business development based on user data.
The ambition with the project is to create a positive foundation for business development based on user data that promotes trust based on legal, ethical and business requirements as well as laying the groundwork for a integrity certification.
The project can help companies (and authorities) to develop new “integrity-friendly” business models, services and products by developing guidelines, frameworks and a certification mechanism. And at the same time, giving citizens an opportunity to learn more about data management.
Objectives within Urban ICT Arena
The project investigates the prerequisites for business development based on user data (main goal) with the following solutions (sub targets):
- Guidelines for commercial handling and use of internet-user data according to GDPR, ethical principles and business requirements
- Fair data Internet panel and pilots for measurements of user generated internet traffic data (related to ethics, privacy and commercial utility) tested and developed with project partners and selected Swedish Internet users
- Assessment of grounds for creating a privacy certification
- New or improved products and business solutions that build on the project results concerning data handling and usage.
- The project will also contribute to growth and social benefits by giving citizens an opportunity to learn more about data management and thus make informed decisions about how their own data can be shared or refrained from being shared.