We have this new ERDF project Frontrunners together with Södertälje Science Park – Lean Production, KTH/Open lab – Design Thinking. In this project, we are going to visualize the innovation ecosystem for SMEs, helping them take their innovations to market faster.
We have established some strategies that will help us along the way. One of them is “Live as you learn & practice what you teach”. In the first project, this means that we have to do things the same way we recommend our SMEs, partners and project owners do them. In other words, build networks, do things together, share experiences, always create win-win situations and make your surrounding environment clear to others.
Live as you learn & practice as you teach is super easy to say but, it turns out, very hard to do (every parent knows this). It is so much easier to do things the way you have always done them. So we fail, again and again, over and over. We always try to learn from our mistakes but we all notice that if we relax even just a little, at least now in the beginning, we tend to fall back into old habits and repeatedly fail. So we have begun to think about what you need to actually realize a change in behavior.
Here is a little list:
- Self-insight about how I do things and why.
- The opportunity to reflect on a chosen action in the moment, stop and change direction – correcting it on the move.
- The ability to automatically seek to create win-win situations.
- Friends with these abilities that can mirror and support you.
- Patience, forgiveness and a lot of love!